2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 large onion chopped (1 cup)
1 head cauliflower (seperated into florets)
1 tsp salt
1 cup Bisquick mix
2 cups milk
6 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
3/4 cup shredded pizza (or taco) cheese blend
Grated parmesan cheese
1. In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft (translucent). Add cauliflower and 1/2 tsp of salt. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower begins to brown. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon mixture into casserole.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In medium bowl, beat Bisquick mix, milk, eggs and 1/2tsp salt with whisk. Stir bacon, chives, and cheese into egg mixture. Pour evenly over cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
4. Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Substitute broccoli for the cauliflower. (Or use a combination of both.)
- Add 1 minced garlic clove with cauliflower during step 1.
- Substitute 1/2 cup finely chopped ham or 1/4lb browned pork sausage for the bacon.
Makes 8-10 Servings