2 cups vegetable oil
1 head cauliflower
2 Tbsp milk
1.5 cups Bisquik
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp chili powder
1/2 Tsp paprika
3/4 Tsp salt
1 cup sour-cream
1 packet cheese powder (from mac & cheese dinner)
1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing
1. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets; discard stems.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk with whisk. In large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, cornstarch, paprika, chili powder, ground red pepper and salt.
4. Dip cauliflower florets into egg, then into Bisquick mixture; dip again into egg and coat with Bisquick mixture. Place in hot oil; fry until golden brown. Transfer fried cauliflower to clean plate lined with napkins or paper towels.
5. In small bowl, beat sour cream, cheese powder and dressing mix with whisk until well blended.
6. Serve cauliflower immediately with sour cream dip.
- Add 1/2 or 1 Tsp cayenne pepper (to taste) to dry powders mixture.